Become an inventor in just six weeks!
Invent@SU helps transform undergraduate students into inventors as they design, prototype and pitch original devices.
Students learn about design, ideation and intellectual property, then conceive an original invention, prototype the invention and refine it in response to weekly feedback from diverse audiences of guest evaluators.
The program is open to all undergraduate students who have not previously who have not previously entered their invention idea in another business plan or entrepreneurship competition.
In addition to 3 teams being awarded cash prizes, students will receive:
- A $2,200 stipend
- A $1,000 budget per team for project materials
- Guidance from expert consultants and evaluators
- Access to laser cutters, 3D printers, a machine shop, and professional machinists
- Assistance with a provisional patent application
- Daily lunch, coffee, and snacks
First Place – Rising Cane
Second Place – The Boxer
Third Place – Collapsa Crutch